Books & Websites
Support Groups & Organizations
- www.keltymentalhealth.ca - located on the grounds of BC Children's Hospital in the Mental Health Building, The Kelty Mental Heath Resource Centre is designed to support BC children, youth and their families to find and use the resources they need in order to make informed decisions and gain access to appropriate services.
- www.crisiscentre.bc.ca - The Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC.
- www.mentalhealthroundtable.ca - 2006 Business and Economic Plan for Mental Health and Productivity. Employees Getting Started, An Agenda for Progress on the Road to Mental Health in the Workplace.
- www.mooddisorderscanada.ca - Mood Disorders Society of Canada (MDSC).
- www.cmha.ca - Canadian Mental Health Association
- www.fmm-mif.ca - The Mental Illness Foundation
- www.camh.net - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- www.covenanthouse.org - Covenant House
- www.ndmda.org - Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance
- www.norhtshoreschizophreniz.org - An intensive education program for family members of seriously mentally ill - Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Disorders and others
Youth Mental Health Sites
- www.unleashthenoise.com - Unleash the Noise calls on young people ages 15-24 in high school and post secondary institutions from across Canada who are truly interested and passionate about changing the landscape of mental health.
- www.mindcheck.ca - This website was created in order to assist young people to identify and understand mental distress they may be experiencing and to link them to sources of help that will enable them to learn skills and strategies to manage these problems.
- www.ok2bblue.com - The BLUEWAVE website has been created as a media/portal where youth and parents can learn about the challenges surrounding mental health issues. The underlying message is that we all feel "Blue" from time to time, and that it is: OK2B BLUE
- www.mindyourmind.ca - an award winning site for youth by youth. This is a place where you can get info, resources and the tools to help you manage stress, crisis & mental health problems.
- www.thejackproject.org - The Jack Project provides much needed mental health information and support to young people s they move from late high school into college, university or independent living. We also equip interested adults - the parents, family members and educators - with the knowledge they need to support the mental health of the young people in their lives. Their vision is "No More Silence."
- www.teensuicide.us - Information on how to prevent teen suicide
- www.teendepression.org - Information on teen depression, issues and other problems
- www.youthinbc.com - A web based hotline supported by community members
- www.gov.bc.ca - Government of BC, Child & Youth Mental Health
- www.breakawayyouth.org - Breakaway
- www.aacap.org - American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- www.annafreudcentre.org - The Anna Freud Centre
- www.nostigma.org - No Stigma
- http://onlinemph.unr.edu/mental-health-awareness-for-teens/ - The importance of mental health awareness for teens
Other Web Sites
- www.1-teenage-suicide.com - Focus on prevention of teenage suicide & treatment
- www.kidshealth.org - Parent, Teen & Kids Sections
- www.hopeline.org - The Kristin Brooks Hope Centre - A One of A Kind Website
- Direct Alert - offers a personal emergency response system.
- Depression & addiction rehab - Dr. Keenan's guide to dealing with depression before/during/after addiction rehab
- Shimi K. Kang, M.D., The Dolphin Way, A Parent's Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy and Motivated Kids Without Turning Into a Tiger. Penguin Canada, 2014
- Scott Stossel, My Age of Anxiety Fear, Hope, Dread and the Search for Peace of Mind. Knoff, 2013
- Bev Cobain R.N.C., When Nothing Matters Anymore : A survival guide for depressed teens, Free Spirit Publishing, 1998.
- Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon, Scribner, 2001.
- Kay Redfield Jamison. Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide. Knopf, 1999.
- Danielle Steel. His Bright Light: The Story of Nick Traina. Delacorte Press, 1998.
- Adina Wrobleski. Suicide: Why? Afterwords, 1995.
- Stan Popovich. "A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and non Resistant Methods" - 2008 - www.managingfear.com